Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup softened butter (Or you can use Earth Balance vegan “butter”)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp canned pumpkin purée
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend (I used Compliments GF flour blend available at Sobeys and Safeway or you could use Bobs Red Mills 1 to 1 GF flour blend)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Only Oats oats (use a non-contaminated dried oats)
- 1/4 cup GF oat bran
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/2 cup or more of Enjoy Life chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin pan to grease.
- In a stand mixer add the softened butter and sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin purée, egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Scrape sides of bowl to incorporate all well.
- In a medium bowl whisk the gluten free flour blend, spices, salt, oats, oat bran and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl and beat on low-medium speed.
- Scrape sides of bowl again and then mix on low.
- Add the almonds and mix once more.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to drop cookie batter into greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove and lightly press to indent baked cookie.
- Place a chocolate chunk in indent.
- Allow cookie to cool.
Does anyone else just love the changing colors in this season?
What is it about fall that most everyone loves? Could it be that it is also pumpkin season too?
I am sure when you look at the photos of these cookies you are thinking they don’t look exactly like a cookie – well you are right! What did I do?
Well, I scooped out the batter in a small ice cream scoop and baked them in greased mini muffin tins.
I saw the idea on Pinterest and thought I would try it.
There is a trick though. When the cookies come out of the oven they are puffed up like a muffin. Lightly press down into center to deflate and then top with a chocolate chip chunk. The chocolate chunk melts a bit into the warm cookie centre.
You can bake these cookies on a cookie sheet too but I liked the idea of baking in a mini muffin tin.