As promised here is a delicious gluten-free dessert recipe for the Thanksgiving holiday! If you missed the other thanksgiving recipes, check them out here.
Pumpkin Cake with Creamcheese Frosting
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups muscovado organic brown sugar(you could use reg brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin cooked**(or 1 15oz can cooked pumpkin)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×11 pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl til light and frothy.
- Add brown sugar and beat.
- Add oil, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and beat until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until cake is firm.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cooled you can ice the cake
- 1 pkg cream cheese softened
- 4 T softened butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups gf icing sugar
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Add icing sugar a little at a time and beat until smooth.