Can you ever put too much cream cheese icing on a pumpkin loaf?
I know I say it a lot but you must make this gluten-free apple pumpkin loaf. It is super moist and has the flavours of apple, pumpkin, walnuts and spices.
Have company coming over for brunch? Serve this loaf alongside a bowl of fresh fruit, parfaits of yogurt and lots of coffee and tea and you are set.
Make this loaf the night before and all you have to do is icing it the next day.
Looking for a hostess gift?
Wrap this loaf in parchment paper and a beautiful ribbon with a jar of cream cheese icing and I know your host will love it.Print
Recipe: Gluten-Free Apple Pumpkin Loaf
A perfect combo of shredded apples and pumpkin baked in a loaf.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (398 ml) canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granular Swerve sweetener
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar Swerve sweetener
- 1 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup shredded honeycrisp apple
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend (1 to 1)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer add the oil, eggs and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Add the sweeteners, baking powder and soda and spices and mix.
- Add the shredded apples and mix on low speed.
- Add the gluten free flour and coconut milk and mix on low, increase speed to medium and beat for a minutes.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into lined loaf pan.
- I didn’t want to overfill my loaf pan so I had enough batter for 2 giant muffins also.
- Bake muffins for 32-35 minutes and loaf for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- once loaf was cool I made a cream cheese icing for the loaf.