It’s the end of November which means entertaining season has officially begun. I have decided to share a lot more entertaining recipes and hints for the next month.
Being gluten free can mean a bit more of a challenge when hosting events or socials but it should not stop you either. I will be sharing lots of hot and cold appetizers as well as things to keep in your pantry and fridge to help in hosting last minute guests.
I am also going to share my love for antipasto platters and will show you how you can do it yourself.
Last year I shared a new cookie recipe everyday for 21 days and I will still throw in some new sweet recipes.
Today I am sharing a new gluten free appetizer recipe which involves crispy bacon, sweet and spicy pears and melted Brie cheese.
Need I say more?
This recipe is quite easy to put together too and you only need a frying pan, a cookie sheet or Brie baking dish and gluten free crackers.
Here is the recipe:
Pear and Bacon Compote Brie Cheese
- 4 strips bacon, finely chopped
- 1 large pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 large Brie round
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat frying pan to medium high heat and fry up bacon.
- Cook until almost crispy. Remove bacon from frying pan and put on a plate.
- Drain bacon fat from frying pan.
- Add walnuts to pan and cook for 1 minute being careful not to burn walnuts.
- Remove walnuts from pan.
- Turn heat to low and add chopped pears, raisins and cranberries and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add cayenne pepper and cinnamon and stir.
- Add bacon back to pan and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes.
- Turn heat off frying pan.
- Place Brie round in a Brie cooking dish or a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place Brie in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove Brie and top with 1 cup of the pear bacon compote and place back in oven for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with walnuts.
- Serve the hot Brie with gluten free crackers.
You will have pear bacon compote left over which you can serve on the side in a small bowl.
Looking for Gluten Free Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.