The holidays are only a few weeks away now so it seems we are all doing a lot more entertaining.
I love to entertain whether it is friends over on a Friday night to catch up on our lives, drink a good bottle of red wine and of course, enjoy some food or it is a larger gathering with my dining room table covered in plates of food and many friends gathering around.
This recipe is a twist on regular tomato and pepper salsa and it is one that uses seasonal cranberries which add a nice tartness to the slow heat of the chopped jalapeños.
The cranberry salsa is even better if you make it a few days in advance and let all the flavours meld together in the fridge. I am about easy entertaining too so I like to keep a few basics in my pantry and refrigerator so I am always able to make a quick appetizer.
You can buy fresh cranberries and just put them in the freezer thus being able to make this appetizer any time of the year if you want.
I served this cranberry salsa over a block of cream cheese but for the dairy free folks you could use a goat cheese log instead.
- 1 bag of cranberries either fresh or frozen.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded
- 1/2 small shallot, peeled
- 1 block cream cheese
- In a food processor add the cranberries and pulse a couple of times.
- Add the cilantro, jalapeño and shallot and pulse again until the pieces are small.
- Add the sugar and pulse again.
- You can make this salsa ahead of time and store in refrigerator for a few days ahead of serving.
- To serve place the cream cheese on a serving plate.
- Top with a good amount of the cranberry salsa and serve with a variety of gluten free crackers.
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.