It is getting close to the holidays now and that means more entertaining to most folks. This is the time of the year when friends and family are visiting, mid-year parties are happening and we are all in the need of more recipes.
I do not feel like being gluten free holds me back from entertaining but it does make it a bit more challenging. You cannot pick up frozen appetizers at the grocery store and have them on hand to serve so that means you are making appetizers yourself. That is not necessarily a bad thing for I have always thought that homemade tastes the best!
I will be sharing more appetizer recipes with you for the rest of the month and I hope you give one or more of them a try!
This recipe is so easy to make especially if you have a food processor. For me, easy to whip up appetizers are the best.
I used dairy free sour cream for this dip but if dairy is not an issue for you feel free to use regular sour cream in the recipe.
Artichoke Spinach Dip
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 container Tofutti sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 tsp chopped jalapeño
- zest from half a lemon
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 tsp maldon sea salt
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In food processor add the artichoke hearts and pulse a couple of times.
- Add the garlic, parsley, jalapeño and pulse again 2-3 times.
- Add the sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, green onion and salt.
- Pulse again until combined.
- Add the spinach and stir.
- Pour dip into a small bowl and serve with various cut up veggies as well as gluten free crackers.
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.