This gluten-free old fashioned chocolate fudge is rich and creamy, delicious and just pure goodness. Made with white and brown sugar, whipping cream, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and dark chocolate squares.
I have been making this gluten-free old fashioned chocolate fudge for many years. In fact I first shared this recipe back in 2012. I have updated the blog post and taken new photos of the fudge. Still the same, delicious chocolate fudge!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THE FUDGE:
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Whipping Cream
- Corn Syrup
- Dark Chocolate Squares
- Chopped Nuts
Old fashioned gluten-free chocolate fudge is just like my Grandma used to make. Smooth and creamy and my favourite treat to have during the holidays. The chocolate fudge can be enjoyed anytime of the year, but I think Valentines and Christmas are my favourite times to enjoy it.
The recipe for the gluten-free old fashioned chocolate fudge is actually very easy. The key to make perfect chocolate fudge is to have a good candy thermometer in your kitchen. You want the chocolate mixture to get to the soft ball stage or around 235-238 degrees. A good candy thermometer helps you to get to the right temperature.
Have you made homemade fudge before?
This gluten-free old fashioned chocolate fudge is the perfect balance between chocolate and creamy texture. It will melt in your mouth with every bite. A hit with everyone when I make it. I mean, who doesn’t like a rich and creamy chocolate fudge?
HOW TO MAKE THE FUDGE:
- In a medium saucepan add the white and brown sugar, butter whipping cream, corn syrup and salt.
- Heat on medium until mixture starts to boil. Stirring occasionally.
- Place candy thermometer into saucepan.
- Lower heat to low/medium and cook fudge until it reaches soft ball stage or 235-238 degrees. This can take about 20-25 minutes.
- When it reaches the soft ball stage, remove the saucepan from the heat and let sit for 8-10 minutes to cool.
- Add chocolate squares and vanilla and stir until chocolate is all melted.
- Add nuts and pour into a parchment lined square baking pan.
- Place fudge is refrigerator for about an hour.
Gluten-free chocolate fudge that has perfect consistency, prefect chocolate flavour and perfectly delicious! Are you ready to make this fudge now? This chocolate fudge is wonderful for the Christmas holidays and is a great food gift to give to family and friends. It is also a wonderful Valentines Day gift. Give your loved one a dish of homemade old fashioned chocolate fudge with a Valentines card and maybe a bottle of wine-so good!
This old fashioned gluten-free chocolate fudge is a recipe your Grandmother probably used to make. It uses ingredients that most pantry’s have in them. Get out your candy thermometer, a small saucepan and you are ready to make some delicious gluten-free chocolate fudge.
HERE ARE MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES TO TRY:
- Keto Bounty Bars
- Keto Peppermint Patties
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- No-Bake Chocolate PB Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Roll
Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pinch of salt optional: use 1/2 tsp of maldon sea salt to batch, that’s what I did
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 8 oz dark Chocolate squares
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla
- 1/2-1 cup nuts (chopped walnuts, pecans) optional
- In a medium saucepan add the white and brown sugar, butter, whipping cream, corn syrup and salt
- Heat on medium and bring mixture to a boil. Stirring occasionally.
- Add candy thermometer into saucepan.
- Lower heat to low-medium and stir occasionally.
- Cook fudge until temperature reaches soft ball stage (235-238 degrees) this takes about 20-25 minutes.
- When it reaches soft ball stage remove saucepan from heat and let sit for 6-8 minutes to cool.
- Add chocolate squares and vanilla.
- Add nuts and then pour mixture into a lined large square pan.
- Cool fudge in refrigerator for at least an hour.