These simple and delicious gluten-free black bottomed cupcakes are a combo of chocolate batter and cream cheese batter baked together. The result is a masterpiece that will melt in your mouth the minute you take a bite. Made with pantry ingredients like eggs, sugar, oil, cocoa powder, gluten-free flour blend and cream cheese.
Gluten-free black bottomed cupcakes that are moist and filled with a creamy cream cheese filling. A classic cupcake recipe that everyone loves. Looking for more cupcake recipes? Then try my recipes like pink cupcakes, strawberry cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes and carrot cake cupcakes.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE CUPCAKES:
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- White Sugar
- Gluten-Free Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Buttermilk ( Or add 1 Tbsp to coconut milk)
- Gluten-Free Vanilla
- Cream Cheese
- Optional gluten-free chocolate chips
A homemade gluten-free chocolate batter topped with cream cheese layer and baked together. No frosting is necessary with these gluten-free black bottomed cupcakes. You do need to refrigerate the cupcakes to store, the cream cheese layer needs to keep cold.
Homemade gluten-free chocolate cupcakes with a rich chocolate base and a creamy cream cheese filling in the middle. Add a sprinkle of gluten-free chocolate chips to the batter or your black bottomed cupcakes for an added boost of chocolate.
Delicious gluten-free black bottomed cupcakes are also known as tuxedo cupcakes. Whatever you call them they are delicious with a glass of milk. Best way to describe these gluten-free cupcakes is like a cheesecake and a chocolate cake had a baby. Yum!
HOW TO MAKE THE CUPCAKES:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs and sugar and beat well.
- Add the oil and mix again.
- Add the cocoa, gluten-free flour, baking soda and beat on low speed.
- Add the buttermilk and vanilla and mix on low increasing speed to medium and beating well to get a smooth batter.
- In another bowl add the cream cheese, sugar and egg and beat well until very smooth.
- Divide the chocolate batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Top each with the cream cheese batter.
- Bake in oven for 23-25 minutes.
Moist and chocolatey gluten-free black bottomed cupcakes are rich and tasty and really easy to make. Black bottomed cupcakes is the best of both chocolate cake and vanilla cheesecake together. Sometimes you just need a cupcake and these gluten-free chocolate ones do no disappoint.
Gluten-free black bottomed cupcakes are a favourite dessert around here. The indulgent gluten-free cupcakes are great for bake sales, birthday parties and celebrations. No frosting required.
What is great about these gluten-free cupcakes is that they are perfect with any frosting. The cupcakes are moist and the combo of chocolate and cream cheese is spectacular.
When you bite into these gluten-free black bottomed cupcakes you get chocolate and cheesecake in each and every bite. A delicious cupcake for sure.
HERE ARE MORE CUPCAKE RECIPES TO TRY:
WANT MORE RECIPES? Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight into your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. I really would love to hear from you.
Gluten Free Black Bottomed Cupcakes
- 2 cup gluten free flour blend
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/3 cup gluten free cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 250 ml cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs and sugar and beat.
- Add the oil and beat again.
- Add the cocoa, gluten-free flour and baking soda and mix on low speed.
- Add the buttermilk and vanilla and mix on low speed. Increase speed to medium and beat until you have a smooth batter.
- Optional. Chocolate chips can be added to batter at this time.
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, egg and sugar.
- Beat well until smooth.
- Divide the chocolate cupcake batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Top each cupcake with a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 23-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.