These easy to make gluten-free dark chocolate chunk quinoa muffins are perfect for breakfast, a snack in the afternoon or a healthy dessert. Really anytime you want a muffin, these are the muffins for you. The gluten-free dark chocolate chunk quinoa muffins are made with quinoa flour, rolled oats, applesauce, cocoa powder, buttermilk and a few other ingredients.
If you haven’t tried quinoa flour, now is the time. The gluten-free dark chocolate chunk quinoa muffins are super moist and filled with chunks of dark chocolate. Moist, soft, perfectly sweet and full of chocolate. Try my other quinoa recipes on the blog like gluten-free chocolate cake, quinoa granola bars, quinoa salad, dark chocolate quinoa biscotti, quinoa dried fruit salad and rice, lentil and quinoa salad.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE SALAD:
- Quinoa Flour
- Rolled Oats
- Cocoa Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Xanthan Gum
Simple to make, these gluten-free dark chocolate chunk quinoa muffins are terrific with your morning coffee or tea. A healthy gluten-free chocolate muffin is a great thing!
Chocolate chunk quinoa muffins that are gluten-free, grain-free and good for you. I love that by using quinoa flour in these gluten-free muffins I am adding protein and more fiber to them. Quinoa flour is packed with nutrients, contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. It is higher in fever than many grains and also a good source of vitamins and protein.
Chocolate and quinoa will become your new favourite combo. Try my recipe for gluten-free chocolate cake if you are looking for a showstopper of a dessert. Flourless and fudgy and absolutely delicious!
HOW TO MAKE THE MUFFINS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with 9 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs and oil and beat with a hand mixer.
- Add the applesauce and mix.
- Add the quinoa flour and beat on low speed.
- Add the rolled oats, cocoa powder, xanthan gum,brown sugar, baking soda and powder and beat on low speed.
- Add the buttermilk and mix on low until batter is smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop batter into lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
Light and fluffy, the gluten-free dark chocolate chunk quinoa muffins are tasty anytime of the day. Perfect for an afternoon, post workout or after school snack. Using applesauce and buttermilk means these gluten-free chocolate muffins stay soft and moist for days.
Deep and dark muffins from the cocoa powder and dark chocolate chunks. Double the chocolate is the best. Everyone will gobble up these gluten-free dark chocolate chunk quinoa muffins. I make these chocolate muffins almost every weekend for the family. Easy grab and go snacks on busy weekends with the kids.
Easy to make, chocolatey gluten-free muffins that you will crave again and again. Everyone loves these chocolate muffins when I make them.
HERE ARE MORE QUINOA RECIPES:
WANT MORE RECIPES? Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight into your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.
Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Chunk Quinoa Muffins
- 1 cup Quinoa flour
- 1 cup Rolled oats(non contaminated)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with 9 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs and oil and beat well.
- Add the applesauce and with a hand mixer beat on low speed.
- Add the quinoa flour and mix on low speed.
- Add the rolled oats, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder and soda, xanthan gum and mix on low speed.
- Add the buttermilk and mix on low/medium speed until batter is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop batter into lined muffin pan and bake for minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.