This gluten-free slow cooker beef stew is an easy crockpot recipe to make. A hearty stew with tender beef, potatoes, carrots and packed with flavour. It is comfort food at its best!
Enjoy this classic comfort meal after a long day. This crockpot recipe will be a family dinner favorite. Slow cooker beef stew is the perfect fall and winter recipe. Loaded with tender bites of beef, potatoes, carrots and the most wonderful gravy in the stew.
- Stewing Beef
- Go Bio Organic Beef Bouillon
- Go Bio Organic Mushroom Bouillon
- Bay Leaves
- Dried Oregano and Thyme
- Onion Powder
- Minced Garlic
- Clubhouse Gluten-Free Brown Gravy Packet
- Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce
- Cornstarch Slurry
A slow cooker stew that only takes 15 minutes to pretty, making it a great weeknight dinner option. Have all your ingredients chopped and ready in the refrigerator so that in the morning all you need to do is do a quick fry on the beef and add the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot.
This easy crockpot beef stew recipe is just like the classic one you grew up with. It is a delicious, hearty beef stew your whole family will love. I like to serve the stew with homemade biscuits. Try my recipes for cheese biscuits and drop biscuits.
During the winter months when the temperature has fallen drastically and after school activities are in full swing, nothing is better than to come home to a hot dinner all ready. Slow cooker beef stew in my opinion is the best comfort food. Any leftovers are great for hot lunches.
In my recipe I use both beef and mushroom bouillon as well as a packet of gluten-free brown gravy mix. It makes the best and rich gravy for the beef stew,
HOW TO MAKE STEW:
- Add stewing beef to a hot frying pan and brown on each side for 1 minute. Sprinkle beef with dried herbs. Transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Reduce heat of frying pan and add the onions and stir and cook for 5 minutes, removing the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add onions to slow cooker.
- Add the bouillon cubes to 6 cups of hot water and add that to slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the brown gravy and cornstarch slurry.
- Place lid of slow cooker and cook on high 3 1/2 hours or low 8 hours.
- Once finished add the brown gravy packet and the cornstarch slurry and stir well until thickened.
- Turn to low and serve.
When it comes to classic dinners, slow cooker beef stew is one of the most loved and enjoyed by both kids and adults. Making it in the slow cooker or crockpot rather then on the stove means it can be enjoyed on weeknights rather then just on weekends.
With grocery pries rising, slow cooker beef stew is an affordable meal to make for the family. No expensive cuts of beef or fancy ingredients required. You use pantry staples as well as potatoes, carrots, onions as well as stewing beef. It is a recipe you will love and it will definitely be enough food to feed your growing teenagers.
Slow cooker beef stew is a slow cooker classic. It is simple to prep and ready in 3 hours on high heat or 8 hours on low heat. Comfort food at its best!
HERE ARE MORE DINNER IDEAS:
- Curry Meatball Bowl
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Slow Cooker Thai Green Curry
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 1 kg stewing beef or 2.2 lbs
- 2 tsp Each dried oregano, thyme and dried onion powder
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 Go Bio organic beef bouillon cubes add bouillon cubes to 6 cups hot water.
- 1 Go Bio organic mushroom bouillon cube
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups hot water
- cornstarch slurry addd 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch to 3 tbsp cold water and stir.
- 1 packet Clubhouse gluten-free brown gravy
- Add stewing beef to a medium hot frying pan. Sprinkle beef with dry herbs. Brown each side for 1 minute. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Transfer meat one browned to the slow cooker.
- Reduce heat of frying pan to low and add the onions. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir, removing any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add onions to the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the gravy pkg and cornstarch slurry and stir. Add bouillon cubes to 6 cups of hot water and mix. Add to slow cooker and stir,
- Place lid of slow cooker and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-31/2 hours.
- Once finished add the brown gravy packet and the cornstarch slurry and stir well. Stew will thicken quickly and let cook for 10 more minutes.
- Turn slow cooker to low and serve.