This gluten-free banana chocolate chip pancake recipe is perfect for weekend breakfast or brinner (breakfast for dinner. They are easy to make, uses pantry ingredients and your family will love them. They are a great way to use up the ripe bananas you have on the counter.
Create an easy and delicious breakfast for dinner meal when you come home from after school activies. My kids when they were young loved brinner or breakfast for dinner. Pancakes or waffles, all were welcome and enjoyed.
- Ripe Bananas
- Buttermilk ( or add vinegar to milk of choice)
- Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- Milk or Dark Chocolate Chip
These gluten-free banana chocolate chip pancakes are a family favourite, especially with the chocolate chips inside. While cooking the gluten-free pancakes, the chocolate chips melt. And that makes for a delicious banana pancake. Chocolate and bananas just go so well together and adding them to a gluten-free pancake is just perfect.
Gluten-free banana chocolate chip pancakes are wonderful for weekend breakfast, brunch or weeknight dinner meals. You will love how easy these gluten-free pancakes are to make. Try my gluten-free waffle, corn pancakes, buckwheat pancakes and chia pancake recipes.
Banana chocolate chip pancakes are the perfect way to start the day. Fluffy, filled with banana flavour and melted chocolate chips makes for the best gluten-free pancakes.
I have been making pancakes for many many year and I have to say these gluten-free banana chocolate chip pancakes are now my new favorite. There is just something about a stack of warm pancakes with a dollop of cold butter and a drizzle of real maple syrup on top. Try it yourself-I am sure you will love them too!
HOW TO MAKE THE PANCAKES:
- In a medium bowl add the bananas and mix.
- Add the egg and sugar and beat well.
- Add the buttermilk and baking powder and mix again.
- Add the gluten-free flour and beat until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a frying pan to low/medium and grease middle.
- Fill a 1/3 measuring cup with batter and drop on hot frying pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes and flip. Cook other side for 1 minute.
- Remove and continue making with remaining batter.
Fluffy homemade gluten-free pancakes that are loaded with ripened bananas and dark chocolate chips. Oh boy are they delicious!
A family favourite pancake recipe and one I get asked to make a lot when everyone is home. Homemade pancakes are always amazing but add bananas and chocolate chips and you’ll have a gluten-free pancake recipe no one will be able to resist.
Gluten-free banana chocolate chip pancakes are seriously scrumptious and perfect for weekend breakfast or weeknight dinners. The whole family will love this for brinner ( breakfast for dinner) this week. Try my other banana recipes like banana bread, banana muffins, banana bran muffins and sourdough banana muffins.
HERE ARE MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- Gluten-Free Waffles
- Corn Pancakes
- Buckwheat Pancakes
- Chia Pancakes
- Matcha Morning Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- In a medium bowl use a hand mixer to beat the banana.
- Add the egg and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the buttermilk and the baking powder and mix again.
- Add the gluten free flour and beat until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Coat a non stick frying pan with cooking spray and heat pan on low-medium.
- Use a 1/3 measuring cup and fill with batter and then drop batter on the frying pan and lightly spread out into a circle shape.
- Cook for about 2 minutes and flip pancakes.
- Cook another minute and remove. Continue with rest of batter.