These gluten-free chia pancakes are sure to become a family weekend staple. Gluten-free pancakes that are quick to whip together and perfect for weekend breakfasts. Get ready for the easiest gluten-free pancake recipe. Uses pantry ingredients like gluten-free flour blend, chia seeds, gluten-free baking powder, cinnamon, buttermilk and maple syrup.
If you eat gluten-free, you really must have a good recipe for gluten-free pancakes in you arsenal. Pancakes are an essential weekend breakfast and on busy weekdays we will make gluten-free pancakes for dinner too. Looking for more gluten-free pancake recipes to try? Here are recipes like corn pancakes, buckwheat pancakes, pink paleo pancakes and waffles.
INGREDIENTS IN PANCAKES:
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- Chia Seeds
- Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- Maple Syrup
This gluten-free chia pancake recipe proves once and for all that you don’t have to give up delicious pancakes when you eat gluten-free. No eggs are needed to make these gluten-free pancakes. Instead I substituted with chia seeds. Chia seeds are a wonderful egg substitute.
RECIPE: It is simple, just 1 Tbsp + 2 1/2 Tbsp water = chia egg. The resulting mixture in thick and you can use it for any vegan baking. Chia seeds are a healthy, nutritious, plant based egg replacer.
HOW TO MAKE THE PANCAKES:
- In a small bowl add the chia seeds and 2 1/2 Tbsp of water and stir with a fork. Let rest.
- In a medium bowl add the buttermilk and maple syrup.
- Add the chia seed slurry and mix on low speed with a hand mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients ( gluten-free flour, baking powder and spices) and mix on low speed until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan on low/medium heat.
- Lightly grease pan.
- Drop about 1/4 cup batter onto frying pan and cook until batter bubbles around edges.
- Flip and cook 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
I have made these recipe over and over again and I know it will yield soft and delicious gluten-free pancakes every single time. These gluten-free chia pancakes are fluffy, kid friendly and super easy to make. Made with gluten-free flour they are quick to make and enjoy for breakfast this weekend.
There are a lot of recipes for gluten-free pancakes on the internet. If you are looking for an egg free, light and fluffy gluten-free pancake, then this recipe is for you. A gluten-free pancake recipe that makes delicious gluten-free chia pancakes every time!
So many topping choices for pancakes. Fresh fruit, chocolate chips, butter, fruit syrup and maple syrup. What is your favorite pancake topping? I am a basic butter and maple syrup girl but while on vacation in Thailand I topped my pancakes with fresh mango and banana. Oh my goodness! This is my new favourite way to eat gluten-free pancakes.
Looking to make pancakes this weekend for the family? Check out my recipe for gluten-free chia pancakes and I know you will make them again and again.
WANT MORE RECIPES? Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight into your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. I really would love to hear from you.
Gluten Free Chia Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 1/2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- In a small bowl add the chia seeds with water and stir with a fork and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl mix the buttermilk and maple syrup together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Heat a greased frying pan on medium heat and drop about 1/4 cup of batter onto pan.
- Cook a couple of minutes until batter bubbles around the edges.
- Flip and continue cooking for a minute.
- Repeat until all batter is used up.
- This recipe makes about 15 depending on size.