You are going to love these easy to make gluten-free no bake sunflower butter bars. Only a few simple ingredients like sunflower butter, gluten-free graham crumbs, icing sugar and butter are needed for the bottom layer of the squares. Melting gluten-free chocolate chips together with sunflower butter makes up the chocolatey top layer.
These no bake gluten-free sunflower butter bars take less then 15 minutes to make. A chilling in the refrigerator for an hour and you have a tasty no-bake square.
No bake sunflower butter bars are a delicious summertime treat. I love to bring them to bbq’s and picnics and everyone loves them. Made with simple ingredients they are a tasty treat anytime of the year.
I love a no bake square that turns out perfect everything I make them. You can get the kids to help make these bars too- they are so easy. This recipe was originally posted in Sept 2011 and was called no peanut butter cup bars. I have taken new photos and updated the blog post.
Have you tried sunflower seed butter? You can easily make your own at home by adding roasted sunflower seeds to a food processor. Blend on high until you have a creamy butter. Sunflower butter is also higher in protein than nut butter and has more Vitamin E, iron and magnesium. Sunflower seed butter has a milder flavour profile then peanut butter too.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THE BARS:
- Gluten-Free Icing Sugar
- Gluten-Free Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Sunflower Butter
- Butter or Vegan Butter
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chips
Make these no bake gluten-free sunflower butter bars for your next picnic or potluck. No need to turn the stove on to make these gluten-free squares. Just add ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well and press into a parchment lined square pan.
Melt chocolate chips and sunflower butter together in the microwave and pour over the base. Cool in the refrigerator and that’s it! The hardest part of the recipe is waiting for the gluten-free sunflower bars to set in the refrigerator.
HOW TO MAKE THE BARS:
- Add the icing sugar, graham crumbs, sunflower butter and melted butter to a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir well to combine.
- Press base ingredients into a parchment lined square pan.
- Melt topping ingredients in a glass bowl and stir well.
- Pour over base and spread.
- Place bars in refrigerator to set for at least an hour.
- Remove and slice.
HERE ARE MORE NO-BAKE TREATS TO MAKE:
HAVE ANY GLUTEN-FREE QUESTIONS? If you have any gluten-free baking or cooking questions, please send me a DM and I would be happy to help you out.
Gluten-Free No Bake Sunflower Butter Bars
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups and spoons
- square baking pan
- parchment paper
- Add icing sugar, graham crumbs, sunflower butter and melted butter to a medium size mixing bowl.
- Stir well.
- Press into a parchment lined square pan.
- Add chocolate chips and sunflower butter to a small glass bowl.
- Microwave for 45 sec until mixture is melted. And stir well.
- Pour over base and spread evenly over.
- Place bars in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to set.
- Once set, cut up into squares and enjoy!