This quick and easy gluten and dairy-free snickerdoodle cookie recipe will become a family favourite. These gluten-free snickerdoodles are soft, slightly sweet and coated with a cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Snickerdoodles are a classic holiday cookie that both adults and kids will love. This recipe was originally posted on Dec 2014. I have taken new photos and updated the blog post.
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED A SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE?
The best way to describe them, is a soft vanilla sugar cookie covered with cinnamon and sugar. Now that sounds delicious-right?
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE COOKIES:
- Vegan or Regular Butter
- White Sugar
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend (1 to 1)
- Cream of Tartar
- Baking Soda
Gluten-free snickerdoodles are easy to make, delicious and the perfect addition to your Christmas cookie baking list. This gluten-free cookie recipe is a cinnamon and sugar lovers dream.
Love cinnamon sugar topped toast? You will love these cookies. Love cinnamon buns? Again, you will love these snickerdoodle cookies.
Ready to get baking for Christmas? Be sure to try my recipes for gluten-free gingerbread, gluten and dairy-free sugar cookies and gluten-free pinwheel cookies. The sugar cookies are definitely a fave and must bake for me at Christmas time.
HOW TO MAKE THE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES:
- In a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer and bowl) add the softened butter with sugar and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy.,
- Add the eggs and beat again, scraping sides of bowl and beat on medium speed until well blended.
- In a small bowl add the gluten-free flour, cream of tartar, salt and mace and whisk.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and beat on low speed until combined.
- Place dough in refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small dish combine the cinnamon, mace and white sugar.
- Use an ice cream scoop to make balls of dough. Roll dough in hands and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place 6-8 balls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Repeat with rest of dough.
These gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies will fill your kitchen with the delicious and warm smell of cinnamon as they are baking. The perfect gluten-free cookie on a cold December night.
Sometimes the simplest of cookies is the best, and these snickerdoodle cookies, while simple to make are wonderful.
Snickerdoodles remind me of my childhood and spending all afternoon with my Grandma baking. It fills me with so much joy to remember those days. These gluten and dairy-free snickerdoodle cookies are so easy to make that even a non-baker will be able to make these no-fail cinnamon and sugar cookies.
HERE ARE MORE GLUTEN-FREE COOKIE RECIPES:
- Gluten-Free Soft Gingersnaps
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Sugar Cookies
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread
- Gluten-Free Pinwheel Cookies
WANT MORE RECIPES? Subscribe to get new recipes straight into your inbox. And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. I really would love to hear from you.
HAVE ANY GLUTEN-FREE QUESTIONS? Have any questions about gluten-free baking or cooking? Send me a DM and I would be happy to help you out.
Gluten Free and Dairy Free Snickerdoodles
- stand mixer or hand mixer and bowl
- 1 cup Earth Balance vegan butter or regular butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend (1 to 1)
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp mace
1 Tbsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp mace, 1/4 cup white sugar combined in a small dish.
- In a small bowl whisk the gluten free flour blend, cream of tartar, salt and the mace.
- In a stand mixer or use a hand mixer and a bowl, cream the vegan butter with the 1 1/4 cups sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat again for 2-3 minutes, scraping bowl at times.
- Add the flour blend to the creamed mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Have dish with cinnamon, mace and sugar ready.
- Use an ice cream scoop to make balls of dough. Roll dough in hands and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place balls of dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in over for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool.