Gluten free Cake Pops. Have you seen any out there? Have you found recipes for gluten free cake pops?
I bet you have seen cake pops everywhere… like Starbucks, but no gluten free ones, right? I scoured the aisles of cookbooks the other day at Chapters and not one of the cake pops books had any gluten free versions. Why?
Well today I solve that issue. Here is a recipe for gluten free cake pops that I hope you will be happy with. They are not hard to make, they just require patience as there are a lot of steps to be followed. Because there are a lot of steps, I am not going to write a long blog for you to read today.
Here is the recipe.
Gluten Free Cake Pops
- Gluten free cake mix (I used celimix, but any will do as long as it makes a 8×8 pan)
- Gluten free cream cheese icing (recipe to follow)
- 6 inch 6 inch cookie sticks (Available at Michaels) this recipe made 31 pops2 bags
- Wilton candy melts (available at Michaels)
- 2 foam rectangles (to stand pops in)
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions, bake in an 8×9 pan. Set aside and cool.
- Prepare the cream cheese icing. Set aside til cake cools.Once cake is cooled, crumble cake, using a fork, into a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese icing (start with a cup). The amount will vary, just use enough to allow mixture to roll into a ball.I used an x-small ice cream scoop to make the balls. I basically scooped up the mixture twice and rolled them into a ball with my hands.
- Remove cake balls after an hour. You will have to reheat your candy melts again-make sure not to burn
- Carefully dip the cake pops into the melted candy. Turn it around until it is completely covered.
- Stick the cake pops into a foam rectangle to dry and decorate them with sprinkles or flavored sugars(do this right away so that the sprinkles stick on)
- Take a breath! You have now made gluten free cake pops!
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups gluten free icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Beat butter and cream cheese in large bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add icing sugar and beat at low speed until well blended. Beat in vanilla until smooth.