Homemade gluten-free bread recipes always seem to require a lot of steps and time to make. Today I am sharing the simplest of gluten-free bread recipes.
This easy gluten-free rice bread can be mixed in your blender. Once mixed it only needs 20 minutes to rise and about 40 minutes to bake. A gluten-free homemade bread ready in about an hour. Doesn’t that sound great?
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE BREAD:
- Short or Long Grain Rice
- Brown Sugar
- Instant Yeast
- Psyllium Husks
Do you want to make homemade gluten-free bread quickly? Do you want a gluten-free bread that does not taste like cardboard? Would you like to save money and not spend so much on gluten-free bread for your family? If you have answered YES to these questions, than this recipe is for you!
The only prep required in this bread recipe is to soak 2 cups of rice in water for at least 4 hours. Meaning you can easily have homemade gluten-free bread for supper if you soak the rice before you go to work. Opposite is true for a breakfast homemade bread. Just soak the rice before you go to bed. Rinse it, add it to the blender with a few other ingredients and mix on high for 3 minutes. Let rise and bake. That is it!
HOW TO MAKE THE BREAD:
- Add 2 cups rice to a bowl. Top with water and let sit for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add 1/4 psyllium husks to a small bowl. Add 1 cup water and stir well. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice and pour into a good blender like a Vitamix.
- Add the oil, salt, brown sugar and yeast and mix on high for 3 minutes.
- 3 minutes allows the blender to heat up and warm up the yeast.
- Pour the psyllium goo into the blender and just pulse to combine.
- Pour bread batter into a lined loaf pan. Cover with Saran Wrap loosely and 2 paper towels and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove Saran Wrap and tea towels and place bread in oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool to warm before slicing.
If you are on TikTok then you might have seen the magic gluten-free rice bread. Truth, I tried the recipe and it just did not work for me. I was intrigued though on the process of using soaked rice in a gluten-free bread. I tweaked the recipe and added psyllium husks to the batter. Psyllium husks mixed with water and let sit for 10 minutes will leave you with a magic goo. This goo not only adds a ton of fiber to the gluten-free bread it gives it elasticity to help it rise.
The best part of the easy gluten-free rice bread recipe is that it is foolproof. Simple ingredients you already have in your pantry is all that is required. The result is a moist, spongy, delicious gluten-free homemade bread that you will make again and again. If you do not have psyllium husks, you can order it on Amazon. In a few days you will be able to make the BEST gluten-free rice bread!
HERE ARE MORE RECIPES TO TRY:
WANT MORE RECIPES? Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight into your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. I really would love to hear from you.
Easy Gluten-Free Rice Bread
- 1 loaf pan
- 2 Cups Long or short grain rice
- 1/4 Cup Psyllium husks
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup water
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 1/2 Tsp Instant yeast
- Add rice to a bowl. Top with water and let rest for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add psyllium and 1 cup water to a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Drain rice and add it to a Vitamix blender.
- Add 1 cup water, oil, salt, brown sugar and instant yeast.
- Mix on high for 3 minutes allow blender to heat up and warming up the yeast. The warming up activates the yeast.
- Add the psyllium goo and just pulse once to mix the batter.
- Pour into lined pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool until warm before slicing.