These gluten-free chia pancakes are sure to become a family weekend staple. Gluten-free pancakes that are quick to whip together and perfect for weekend breakfasts. Get ready for the easiest gluten-free pancake recipe. Uses pantry ingredients like gluten-free flour blend, chia seeds, gluten-free baking powder, cinnamon, buttermilk and maple syrup.
If you eat gluten-free, you really must have a good recipe for gluten-free pancakes in you arsenal. Pancakes are an essential weekend breakfast and on busy weekdays we will make gluten-free pancakes for dinner too. Looking for more gluten-free pancake recipes to try? Here are recipes like corn pancakes, buckwheat pancakes, pink paleo pancakes and waffles.
INGREDIENTS IN PANCAKES:
This gluten-free chia pancake recipe proves once and for all that you don’t have to give up delicious pancakes when you eat gluten-free. No eggs are needed to make these gluten-free pancakes. Instead I substituted with chia seeds. Chia seeds are a wonderful egg substitute.
RECIPE: It is simple, just 1 Tbsp + 2 1/2 Tbsp water = chia egg. The resulting mixture in thick and you can use it for any vegan baking. Chia seeds are a healthy, nutritious, plant based egg replacer.
HOW TO MAKE THE PANCAKES:
- In a small bowl add the chia seeds and 2 1/2 Tbsp of water and stir with a fork. Let rest.
- In a medium bowl add the buttermilk and maple syrup.
- Add the chia seed slurry and mix on low speed with a hand mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients ( gluten-free flour, baking powder and spices) and mix on low speed until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan on low/medium heat.
- Lightly grease pan.
- Drop about 1/4 cup batter onto frying pan and cook until batter bubbles around edges.
- Flip and cook 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
I have made these recipe over and over again and I know it will yield soft and delicious gluten-free pancakes every single time. These gluten-free chia pancakes are fluffy, kid friendly and super easy to make. Made with gluten-free flour they are quick to make and enjoy for breakfast this weekend.
There are a lot of recipes for gluten-free pancakes on the internet. If you are looking for an egg free, light and fluffy gluten-free pancake, then this recipe is for you. A gluten-free pancake recipe that makes delicious gluten-free chia pancakes every time!
So many topping choices for pancakes. Fresh fruit, chocolate chips, butter, fruit syrup and maple syrup. What is your favorite pancake topping? I am a basic butter and maple syrup girl but while on vacation in Thailand I topped my pancakes with fresh mango and banana. Oh my goodness! This is my new favourite way to eat gluten-free pancakes.
Looking to make pancakes this weekend for the family? Check out my recipe for gluten-free chia pancakes and I know you will make them again and again.
Gluten Free Chia Pancakes
- In a small bowl add the chia seeds with water and stir with a fork and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl mix the buttermilk and maple syrup together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Heat a greased frying pan on medium heat and drop about 1/4 cup of batter onto pan.
- Cook a couple of minutes until batter bubbles around the edges.
- Flip and continue cooking for a minute.
- Repeat until all batter is used up.
- This recipe makes about 15 depending on size.