Here is the 3rd new cookie recipe for the month of December, #20daysofcookies, where I will share 20 new gluten free cookie recipes from December 1-20. Make sure you subscribe to receive each one!
This gluten and dairy free cookie recipe is a good one. Something about toasted marshmallows on top of cookie just makes me happy.
Gluten Free Chocolate Marshmallow Cashew Cookies
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 12 cups gluten free flour blend (I use Compliments gluten free flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup gluten and dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 3-4 mini marshmallows/cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Microwave 1/2 cup chocolate chips on high for a minute until chips are melted.
- In a stand mixer beat the vegan “butter with the sugar until mixture is creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat again, scraping bowl to combine.
- Add the melted chocolate and the vanilla and mix again.
- In a small bowl whisk the gluten free flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and beat again for a minute.
- Add the cashews, cherries and chocolate chips and mix.
- Drop dough onto lined cookie sheet and top each cookie with 3-4 marshmallows.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.