An easy and delicious gluten-free gingerbread syrup that is perfect in your morning coffee or tea. Turn any beverage into a gingerbread cookie with this homemade gluten-free gingerbread syrup. A wonderful gift to make and share with the hostess or host at your next holiday party.
Upgrade your morning coffee or tea with this easy to make gluten-free gingerbread syrup. I am not a coffee drinker, so I have this gingerbread syrup in my earl grey tea latte.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE SYRUP:
- Splenda/ Swerve Brown Sugar or Brown Sugar/White Sugar
- Organic Molasses
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Ground Nutmeg
- Whole Cloves
- Whole Peppercorns
- Ground Ginger
- Vanilla Bean or Vanilla Extract
I was visiting my girlfriend in Texas in October and discovered a gingerbread oat creamer in her refrigerator. Tired it in my earl grey tea latte and fell in love! Knew I needed to make a gluten-free version when I got home. I share 2 options for sweeteners in this syrup. Use Splenda and Brown Sugar Swerve for a lighter sugar version or use both white and brown sugar.
The syrup uses ingredients like brown and white sugar (or Splenda and Swerve), organic molasses, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean, ground ginger, whole peppercorns, whole cloves, allspice and ground nutmeg. It is really quite easy to make once you have the ingredients all ready.
Save yourself money at Starbucks and instead make your own gingerbread latte at home using this gluten-free gingerbread syrup. While I love Starbucks, I am just not willing to spend $7 on a tea latte anymore. Instead I make my own at home. Gluten-free gingerbread syrup that uses simple and dairy-free ingredients. It is the perfect thing to keep in your refrigerator throughout the holiday season.
HOW TO MAKE THE SYRUP:
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot and heat on medium.
- Increase to high and boil for a couple minutes.
- Lower to simmer and let simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain and pour into jars and store in the refrigerator.
Another way to use this gluten-free gingerbread syrup is to use it to make a holiday cocktail. Think gingerbread espresso martini or gingerbread white russian. Gluten-free gingerbread syrup is perfect in your holiday coffee/tea or as a food gift to anyone whole loves coffee. I think a tall jar wrapped in a beautiful ribbon is a wonderful gift.
This gingerbread syrup is great for the kids too. Add it to a steamed milk and it is perfect on a cold winter day. If you want to get into the holiday season quick make a batch of this gingerbread syrup. Your kitchen will smell heavenly while the mixture is simmering. It is full of warm spices like ginger, cloves, allspice, peppercorn and nutmeg.
Snuggle up on the couch with the fireplace on, warm pjs on and a cup of hot gingerbread latte. So good on a cold winter night!
HERE ARE SOME RECIPES TO GO WITH A LATTE:
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon Swirl Loaf
- Gluten-Free Hazelnut and Pistachio Biscotti
- Gluten-Free Soft Gingersnaps
- Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
WANT MORE RECIPES? Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight into your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. I really would love to hear from you.
HAVE ANY GLUTEN-FREE QUESTIONS? Need any help with your gluten-free cooking or baking? Just send me a DM and I would be happy to help you out.
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Syrup
- 1 strainer
- 3 tall jars
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/2 cup Swerve brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1Tbsp organic molasses
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp whole peppercorns
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- Add all ingredients to a large pot.
- Heat to medium and stir.
- Increase heat to high and boil for a couple of minutes.
- Lower heat to simmer and simmer mixture for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from stove.
- Strain and let cool. Pour into jars and store in refrigerator.