A quick, easy and refreshing cocktail made with Empress 1908 gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, sparkling lemon water and simple syrup. I made a keto simple syrup to keep the sugars lower for me, but feel free to use your own recipe for simple syrup.
The Garden Cooler is a delicious cocktail that only uses 5 ingredients. Gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, sparkling lemon water and simple syrup. I love to top this cocktail with lemon slices, fresh mint and fresh flowers.
Have you tried Empress 1908 gin? Not only is this gin a brilliant blue color due to ingredients like rose, cinnamon bark, Fairmont Empress black tea and butterfly pea blossoms but it is a hand crafted spirit made in Victoria, BC. It is all natural and gluten-free!
I have been lucky enough to visit the distillery a few times and I cannot wait to get back there again. If you want to find out if a liquor store near you is selling Empress 1908 Gin, you can use the companies FIND YOUR EMPRESS page. The Victoria Distillers is one of the oldest artisan distilleries in Canada and they are known world wide for their high quality gins.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THE COCKTAIL:
- Empress 1908 Gin
- Elderflower Liqueur ( Edinburgh Gin Distillery)
- Lemon Juice
- Sparkling Lemon Water
- Simple Syrup
- Fresh mint and lemon slices
Another reason I love to use Empress 1908 Gin in my cocktails is the blue color. The indigo hue changes to bright lavender, soft pink or purple when you add citrus or tonic. How fun is that?
The Empress 1908 Gin is a showstopper when you are making cocktails for your company. Everyone loves to watch the colors change in the cocktail.
HOW TO MAKE THE COCKTAIL:
- This recipe makes enough for one cocktail.
- Add fresh mint to the bottom of the glass.
- Fill 1/2 way with ice.
- Add Empress gin, then elderflower liqueur to glass.
- Add lemon juice, simple syrup then sparkling water to glass.
- Top with lemon slices and fresh mint.
I hope you will give The Garden Cooler cocktail a try. Cheers friends!
Have you tried The Duke Royale cocktail on the blog? Made with Empress 1908 gin, lavender simple syrup and limoncello. This cocktail is my way of honoring the life of Prince Philip.
HERE ARE SOME SUMMER RECIPES TO TRY:
- Watermelon Cucumber and Lime Salad
- Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad
- Simple Caprese Salad
- Keto Lemon Curd Cheesecake Tarts
HAVE ANY GLUTEN-FREE QUESTIONS? Have any questions about gluten-free cooking or baking? Send me a DM and I would be happy to help you out.
The Garden Cooler
- Cocktail measuring glass
- 1 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- 1 oz elderflower liqueur
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz sparkling lemon water
- 1 oz simple syrup
- fresh mint
- lemon slices
- Add fresh mint to bottom of glass
- Fill ice 1/2 way up glass.
- Add Empress gin and elderflower liqueur to glass.
- Add lemon juice.
- Top with simple syrup and then sparkling water.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint.