I am always looking for a quick and easy sweet treat to make to satisfy the sweet tooth I have.
Mostly I am looking for a treat that is healthy for me, and if I have just one does not leave me with a lot of guilt.
This recipe does the trick!
I used Nuts For Nature nut and seed butter* in this recipe. I found the product at Costco and I liked the blend of cashews, almonds, chia and seeds.
I really like the fact that it only makes 17 small balls and I can store them in the freezer for the occasional treat. This recipe works really well for school lunches too-it is a healthy sweet treat that the kids will love.
It is January here in Calgary and we are in full winter mode, however I know these no bake nut and seed balls will come in handy when hiking, biking and kayak season starts again. They will be a nice alternative to a granola bar to pack as a snack.
Here is the recipe:
Recipe: No Bake Nut and Seed Balls
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup golden ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp white chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup nut and seed butter * (you could replace with almond or peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- In a medium bowl add the nut and seed butter as well as the honey. Use a spatula to mix the 2 together.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the mixture for evenly sized balls.
- Use your hands to shape into balls.
- Store the nut and seed balls in the refrigerator or the freezer.
- This recipe made 17 balls for me.
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.
Share this recipe with your friends: