This is my favourite time at the farmers markets and we are so lucky in Calgary to have many many markets to choose from. I am blessed to live in a province that grows a ton of veggies and we are close enough to BC to get all their bounty of fruit.
It is the time of year when eating seasonally is the best! I love it until thanksgiving here in October and maybe that is why thanksgiving is one of my favourite holidays for I have so much local produce available to me.
Recently I picked up a giant zucchini so you, my followers will be lucky enough to get a ton of new gluten free zucchini recipes coming. Zucchini crackers, grilled zucchini rolled lasagna, chocolate zucchini bread and this recipe- Zucchini Carrot Parmesan Muffins.
These muffins would be a great substitute for a sandwich in a kids lunch. It is a savoury muffin yet tastes sweet with the shredded carrot in it.
I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour 1 to 1 and I find it is available most anywhere. It is a nice light gluten free flour that I find works well in baking.
Here’s the recipe!
Recipe: Gluten Free Zucchini Carrot Parmesan Muffins
This makes 12 regular muffins
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded cheese (I made a mix of old and Parmesan cheese)
- 1/2 cup Quaker gluten free oats
- 1 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour blend 1 to 1
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners.
- In a stand mixer add the eggs, oil and sugar and mix until blended.
- Add the oats, gluten free flour, salt and baking powder and mix on medium speed.
- On low speed add the shredded zucchini, carrot and cheese and blend well.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into lined muffin pan.
- Bake in oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.
Share this recipe with your friends: