In my last post for Gluten Free Banana Bread I had explained that I am going through my blog and making sure recipes posted are mine.
When I first started blogging I would share gluten free recipes that I thought were worth sharing. What I discovered is that while it is fine to share a link back to the original website it really is not okay to post the whole recipe on my site.
I was not taking credit for any of those recipes but feel it is time for me to make all recipes that I share mine.
Here is another revamped recipe.
This one is for Gluten Free Scones. Scones are a favourite of mine especially when I know I am having company for tea or instead of muffins for a brunch. Scones tend to dry out so I find they are best enjoyed the day of.
You can pretty much add anything to a scone making them either sweet or savory.
Adding finely chopped green onions and dill would make the scones savory and would be served with a soup, salad or even a quiche.
Adding lavender, lemon, lime or orange zest would make scones delightful or afternoon tea.
You can even cut the scones in half and top them with a warm strawberry compote instead of shortcakes. So many options.
I sprinkled vanilla salt on these scones. You can find vanilla salt at most specialty kitchen stores such as Williams Sonoma..
Recipe: Gluten Free Lemon Vanilla Salted Scones
- 3 cups gluten free flour blend (I like to use Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 Tbsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup goat milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional vanilla salt for sprinkling on scones before baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer add the dry ingredients (gluten free flour, sugar, salt and baking soda) and mix on low speed.
- Add the vegan “butter” and mix on low speed for 2-3 minutes until dough is crumbly.
- In a small bowl whisk the goat milk, apple cider vinegar and lemon zest.
- Add wet ingredients to dough and mix on low speed until dough is formed.
- Sprinkle a bit of gluten free flour onto the counter.
- Transfer dough to floured counter, sprinkle with more gluten free flour and roll dough lightly until it is at least an inch thick.
- Use a round biscuit cutter to cut out scone shapes.
- Place each circle onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Brush top of each scone with a bit of goat milk and then sprinkle vanilla salt on each one.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until scones are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before serving.
Looking for Gluten Free Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.
Share this recipe with your friends: