When I first started Wheat Free Mom I was looking for a platform to share my journey into baking and cooking gluten free for my family.
As a German/Ukrainian girl who grew up with homemade desserts at every meal and who made everything from scratch for her kids, the diagnosis of Celiacs disease for me was a shocker!
What was I going to do?
I remember buying a ton of cookbooks and scouring the internet for gluten free recipes. I also remember the excitement I had when I tried one of those recipes and they turned out. I wanted to share that excitement with you all, so I would share where I found the recipe but would also post the whole recipe on my site.
I was new to blogging and did not know that this form of sharing was not the right way to do it. Did I mean any harm? Nope I did not.
I was just excited to share a gluten free muffin or gluten free cookie recipe with you all.
Now that I have been recipe writing for awhile and feel more comfortable in sharing my recipes I am going through my blog from the beginning and will be removing old posts and instead adding my new gluten free recipe to Wheat Free Mom.
In going over my recipes I realized I did not have a Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Bread Recipe.
How was that possible?
I did have a recipe for banana bread posted but it is from Gluten Free Gobsmacked. Here it is on their site.
Again, I was new to blogging and did not know I should not have posted the whole recipe on my site. It is a great banana bread recipe and I have made it many times in the past but felt I really should have my own gluten free banana bread recipe on my website.
Here is my own recipe for Gluten Free Banana Bread:
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Banana Bread
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (I use Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup goat milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer beat the vegan “butter” with the sugar.
- Add the eggs and beat again, scraping the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Add the mashed bananas and beat for a few minutes.
- Add in the dry ingredients (gluten free flour blend, baking soda, salt and spices) and mix on low speed.
- Add the goat milk and mix on low speed then increase to medium until a nice smooth batter is formed.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour batter into the lined loaf pan and bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted inside loaf comes out clean.
- Place loaf on a cooling rack and let cool before removing from loaf pan.