When I first started Wheat Free Mom I was looking for a platform to share my journey into baking and cooking gluten free for my family.
As a German/Ukrainian girl who grew up with homemade desserts at every meal and who made everything from scratch for her kids, the diagnosis of Celiacs disease for me was a shocker!
What was I going to do?
I remember buying a ton of cookbooks and scouring the internet for gluten free recipes. I also remember the excitement I had when I tried one of those recipes and they turned out. I wanted to share that excitement with you all, so I would share where I found the recipe but would also post the whole recipe on my site.
I was new to blogging and did not know that this form of sharing was not the right way to do it. Did I mean any harm? Nope I did not.
Now that I have been recipe writing for awhile and feel more comfortable in sharing my recipes I am going through my blog from the beginning and will be removing old posts and instead adding my new gluten free recipe to Wheat Free Mom.
In going over my recipes I realized I did not have a Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Bread Recipe.
How was that possible?
I did have a recipe for banana bread posted but it is from Gluten Free Gobsmacked. Here it is on their site.
Again, I was new to blogging and did not know I should not have posted the whole recipe on my site. It is a great banana bread recipe and I have made it many times in the past but felt I really should have my own gluten free banana bread recipe on my website.
Here is my own recipe for Gluten Free Banana Bread:
Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Bread
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (I use Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- 1/2-3/4 cup goat milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer beat the vegan “butter” with the sugar. Add the eggs and beat again, scraping the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Add the mashed bananas and beat for a few minutes.
- Add in the dry ingredients (gluten free flour blend, baking soda, salt and spices) and mix on low speed.
- Add the goat milk and mix on low speed then increase to medium until a nice smooth batter is formed.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour batter into the lined loaf pan and bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted inside loaf comes out clean.
- Place loaf on a cooling rack and let cool before removing from loaf pan.
Looking for Gluten Free Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.
Share this recipe with your friends: