As I mentioned previously, I’m going to be baking with CUP4CUP and Bob Mill’s GF Flour for a little while. I want to see how my past recipes work with these different flours. I also want to share some recipes that don’t require a lot of gluten free flours.
Yes, I will continue coming up with recipes that use sorghum, quinoa and millet flours but sometimes a person doesn’t want to have to weigh a ton of flours, or dig out a lot of measuring cups. I really want to make gluten free baking a little bit easier for the month. Just a bit simpler!
Today I’m sharing a gluten free brown sugar pecan loaf and next will be a gluten free double chocolate chip coffee loaf. I also used CUP4CUP with both of these loaves and I’ve been overwhelmed with the excellent results!
Gluten Free Brown Sugar Pecan Loaf
2 large eggs
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup pecan halves
1 1/4 cup CUP4CUP gf flour
1 tsp vanilla paste
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1//2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup ground pecans for topping.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In stand mixer cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg is added.
- In a small bowl whisk the CUP4CUP flour, cloves, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with the milk and vanilla.
- Beat for a couple of minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with the ground pecans. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Check the loaf with a long toothpick to assure middle of loaf is done.
- Let loaf cool in pan before removing.