Are you a fan of brussels sprouts?
Have you tried roasting them yet?
If you haven’t tried a roasted brussels sprouts dish yet I highly recommend you try this recipe.
I’ve added chopped apples, chopped bacon and a generous pour of balsamic to these sprouts. Sounds good, right?
If you haven’t cooked Brussels sprouts before I recommend steaming them or a short cook in boiling water. It cuts back on the roasting time and keeps the sprouts tender and not dried out.
I posted the recipe for these brussels sprouts on my instagram page back in October and in time for Canadian Thanksgiving but I did not get the recipe posted here up on my blog.
Im posting it now just in time for American Thanksgiving.
Let me know if you make this recipe. I really would love to know your thoughts.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pkg Brussels sprouts (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- 2 honeycrisp apples, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I used an dark apple balsamic)
- Trim ends of Brussels sprouts.
- Add Brussels sprouts to a medium pot.
- Fill with water and heat on medium/high for 10 minutes.
- Drain and remove Brussels sprouts.
- Chop sprouts and cut in 1/2.
- Put all sprouts on the cookie sheet.
- Pour olive oil all over them.
- Spread chopped bacon and apples all over sprouts.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- If you want them crispier put back in oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour the balsamic over the sprouts and toss.