I am sure we all have our favorite spaghetti sauces and are really happy with them. However if you are looking for a change and want to try an easy spaghetti sauce that is also very delicious, please give this one a go.
I love how I can throw everything together in my La Crueset, turn the heat to simmer and leave it for a couple of hours to cook. Then all I have to do is make some gluten-free pasta.
- Package of lean ground beef
- 1/2 – 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp dried oregano, basil, and parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- I use a La Crueset pot when I am making this sauce.
- I can throw everything in, put the lid on and leave it on the stove for hours.
- In your pot, turn heat to medium.
- Add hamburger(*), tomato paste, tomato sauce, water and stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat to simmer and add all spices, sugar, garlic, bay leaves, and chili powder.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- *do not brown hamburger in pot.
- Let it cook in the liquids.
- Once sauce is done, all you have to do is make some gluten free pasta of your choice.
- This day I used spirals. Enjoy!