Fresh With Flavour Coleslaw
- 2 cups thinly sliced matchstick sized carrot
- 2 cups thinly sliced, shredded cabbage
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp sliced jalapeño (can reduce the amount depending on your spice preference)
- 1 tbsp sliced red chile pepper (again, you can reduce the amount)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- In a small jar add the lime juice, canola oil and rice wine vinegar.
- Place lid on jar and shake well.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients(from the matchstick carrots to the chile pepper).
- Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve the coleslaw on its own as a side salad or top it with cooked shrimp, bbq tenderloin, baked chicken or alongside ribs.
I am a cabbage fan.
I will pretty much eat it anyway it is cooked or not cooked. Everything from creamy coleslaw to simply roasted to cabbage rolls. It is all good to me.
I am also a salad fan. I easily eat at least 2 salads a day, sometimes sticking to the same salad for lunch for a few days or constantly trying to switch it up.
But with coleslaw, truthfully it is almost always a creamy coleslaw for me. It is how my grandma used to make it and it is still my favourite.
Are you team creamy or not?
I decided to play with a non creamy coleslaw recipe and I really liked the flavour so I thought I would share it with you.
The hardest part of making coleslaw is the shredding of ingredients you need to do and after that it is an easy one bowl assembly.
I added shrimp to my salad in the photo but you could easily serve this coleslaw with any meat-bbq pork loin, ribs, baked chicken,etc.
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.