I honestly think my favourite part of holidays is the leftovers. I cannot wait to make gluten free turkey pot pies and if Im lucky enough to have ham left over, then I make a big pot of corn and ham chowder.
I really could skip the mashed potatoes, vegetables, stuffing, salads and desserts and go to leftover turkey. Can’t beat a turkey sandwich I say!
But, if you aren’t the type to eat turkey pot pies or turkey soup for an entire week I have a new leftover turkey recipe for you.
What about tacos?
Have you thought to make tacos with the leftover turkey?
Make some homemade quick pickled jalapeños and your tacos go to the next level.
Pickled jalapeños recipe will be coming soon.
Give this recipe a try and I would love to know what you think of it.
- 2 Siete cashew tortillas
- 1 cup leftover turkey breast, chopped
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 tsp gluten free taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup lettuce, chopped
- Shredded cheese, pickled jalapeños, Mexican creme, pico de gallo, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro and sliced limes
- In a small bowl combine the chopped turkey, taco seasoning and salsa.
- Heat up tortillas in a frying pan
- .Place tortillas on a plate.
- Top each tortilla with lettuce, then turkey, then cheese, jalapeños and other toppings.