We all have childhood cookie favourites and most bring back such fond and vivid memories.
For me, it is molasses cookies. They remind me of my grandma. Her molasses cookies were thin and hard BUT they were covered in the most florescent pink icing and they were my favourite.
What cookies are your childhood favourite?
Now these cookies are not has hard as my grandmas and they do not have pink icing on but the flavour is there and so is my memory.
To add to this cookie I added Maldon sea salt on the cookies before they went into the oven. Have you tried salt on a cookie? Well you should. The salt brings out the sweetness and takes the cookie to the next level.
I have been working hard on new gluten-free recipes and stay tuned for many more recipes to come.
Gluten-Free Molasses Cookies
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Organic molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp ginger and cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves and nutmeg
- 1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend (1 to 1)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- In a stand mixer add the butter and sugar and mix well.
- Add the molasses and egg and beat well.
- Scraping sides of bowl to incorporate all.
- Add the spices and baking powder and soda.
- Mix on low.
- Add gluten-free flour and mix on low speed.
- Increase speed to low/medium until all combined.
- Add a bit of sugar on a small plate.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop a few cookie balls onto plate.
- Roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- I like to sprinkle some sea salt on the cookies.
- Bake for 9 or 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.