I am sharing a new salad recipe with all so close to Christmas for a couple of reasons.
One? I love salads and this salad has a ton of crunch, sweetness and plenty of tang.
Second? It’s the holiday season and in between enjoying all the parties, rich appetizers and Christmas baking it is nice to throw a healthy salad in.
This salad is super easy to put together too and as a bonus is meat less so you can add it to your meatless Monday options.
I also wanted to add in mandarin oranges as well as pomegranates which are readily available in the grocery stores right now.
The lemony dressing can be made in a small glass jar-just add ingredients, place lid on and shake. Just shake!
Cauliflower and Orange Salad with a Lemony Dressing
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and cut up
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa per serving
- 3 tbsp sprouted watermelon or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp whipping cream (can substitute with coconut milk)
- 6 tbsp avocado oil
- To assemble the salads start with the arugula and spinach and then add the quinoa in a mound on each salad.
- Add the cauliflower, then the carrots, the oranges and pomegranates, seeds and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle the dressing over each salad.
For the dressing:
- In a canning jar add the juice from the lemon, the zest and the whipping cream and avocado oil.
- Place the lid on and shake until combined.