Pudding isn’t just for kids I say, it’s for grown ups!
Almond Butter Chocolate Rice Pudding
- 2 cups cooked and cooled leftover rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 3 tbsp good quality dark chocolate cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan on low heat combine the rice, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Stir and increase heat to medium for 8-10 minutes stirring often.
- Turn heat to low.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg.
- Add a bit of hot rice mixture to egg and stir.
- Add a bit more of the hot liquid and stir.
- Add the warmed egg mixture into the saucepan and whisk well.
- Increase heat to medium and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder to the hot rice mixture and stir well.
- Continue cooking on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add the almond butter and stir well.
- Turn off heat.
- Serve pudding warm but I also liked it cold with a bit of fresh whipping cream poured over top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!