Baked Egg Cups
- 2 thin slices deli ham per egg cup (12 slices of ham)
- 3 slices of fried bacon (cut in 1/2 for 6 pieces)
- 3 slices fried bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 12 baby tomatoes
- 1 heaping tbsp shredded sharp cheese per egg cup
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 large paper cupcake liners for the egg cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 6 muffin cups with the paper liners.
- Beat eggs and whipping cream together.
- Pour into a glass pouring bowl.
- Place 2 slices deli ham into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle a bit of the fried chopped bacon and shredded carrot into each muffin cup.
- Place 2 baby tomatoes into each muffin cup.
- Stand a slice of bacon in between the 2 baby tomatoes.
- Pour the beaten eggs into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the top of each muffin cup.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
I love eggs.
I also love bacon so anytime I can combine the 2 together is always a good thing I think. These baked egg cups do that and more.
You can make these on a Sunday and have them for a quick heat up and go breakfast on busy weekdays or in lunches as an option instead of a sandwich or an addition to a weekend brunch.
This recipe makes 6 baked egg cups but you could easily double the recipe.
I kept the recipe fairly simple with the fillings but you can add green onions, chopped mushrooms, green or red peppers or whatever else you like to have with your eggs.