Last week I was in Amaranth Foods here in Calgary and came across a display of Candy canes with a gluten free sign.
Aren’t all candy canes gluten free?
Actually- most are not.
Unfortunately everything you buy that is processed has to have its ingredient label read carefully.
I took home a couple of boxes to try and was very impressed. Not only are these candy canes gluten free, they are vegan and organic.
Tru Sweets Organic Candy Canes are worth checking out.
I went back to Amaranth a couple of days later and picked up 7 boxes. I always try to get extra seasonal ingredients that are gluten free.
So what do you do with 7 boxes of candy canes? Make Peppermint White Chocolate Bark of course!
Gluten Free Peppermint White Chocolate Bark
- 3 cups E. Guittard White Chocolate Wafers (I purchase mine at Williams Sonoma here in Calgary)
- 7 Tru Sweets Candy Canes
- Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small glass bowl over a simmering saucepan, melt white chocolate.
- Chop candy canes in a nut grinder.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly paper lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle ground candy canes evenly over melted white chocolate.
- Lightly press candy canes into chocolate.
- Allow peppermint chocolate to set for a couple of hours.
- Once set cut bark into squares.