Lately the recipes I have been posting on the blog have been grain-free recipes using cassava flour. If you go to the recipe for Grain Free Lavender lemon poppyseed loaf you will find the information on cassava flour and why I am using it in recipes.
I really cannot say enough good things about cassava flour and find it is working great in all my new recipes.
You should really give it a try and I hope you like my new recipes.
I have shared recipes for grain-free lemon lavender poppyseed loaf and grain-free jam tarts and am now sharing a recipe for grain-free raspberry mini muffins.
This recipe makes about 16 mini muffins.
Grain Free Raspberry Mini Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups cassava flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp good vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or add 1 tsp apple cider vinegar to almond or coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp canola oil (you can use melted coconut oil)
- About 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- Optional is vanilla sugar which I sprinkled on each cupcake before baking
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line the mini muffin pan with small cupcake liners.
- In a stand mixer add the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the sugar and mix again.
- Add the cassava flour and the baking powder and mix until combined.
- Place 3-4 frozen raspberries into each muffin cup.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out even amounts of batter into each lined cup.
- Fill 3/4 full. Top each muffin with another raspberry
- Sprinkle vanilla sugar over all.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.