This is day 15 of my #20daysofcookies campaign to post a new gluten free dairy free recipe each day. Enjoy the other recipes here.
Here is the 15th new cookie recipe for the month of December, #20daysofcookies, where I will share 20 new gluten free cookie recipes from December 1-20. Make sure you subscribe to receive each one!
I am sharing a recipe for gluten free and dairy free graham crackers today.
I thought I was sharing a new cookie recipe every day.
Well, even though these graham crackers are called crackers they really are a cookie to me. Primarily graham crackers are used, all ground up as a crust ingredient.
A sweet crust for pies and tarts.
Graham crackers are a necessary baking pantry ingredient and because of their sweetness I am sharing a new recipe with you all as a cookie!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Graham Crackers
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”
- 1/2 cup goat milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend (I like to use Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a stand mixer mix on low the gluten free flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the COLD vegan “butter and on low speed mix until mixture resembles coarse sand.
- In a small bowl whisk the goat milk, honey and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Place dough in refrigerator for at least an hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide dough into 2.
- Roll out dough onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- Rolling dough quite thin into a square or rectangle shape.
- Use a fluted pastry wheel to cut out dough into small squares.
- Lift parchment paper and place all on cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your dough.
- Remove and cool.