I love scones!
Before my celiac diagnosis I used to get the white chocolate and berry scones from Good Earth bakery here in Calgary. They were so good and now that I am gluten free I’ve wanted to find a great gluten free one.
I think I found it!
These scones are super moist and not at all chalky. I love the chopped up white chocolate bits and the tangy dried cranberries that are in them.
Do you have pre-celiac foods that you would love to have again? Have you tried to convert the recipes? Any success?
I would love to hear from you and if you have any great recipes that you would love to share, please let me know. I will try them and if they work out will post them.
White Chocolate and Cranberry Scones
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter or vegan shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-3 squares white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a stand mixer to combine.
- Mix quickly to combine (should resemble a coarse meal)
- Add the buttermilk and eggs and mix until combined.Add white chocolate and cranberries and mix quickly. You do not want to overwork the dough, just a couple quick pulses will do.
- Scoop out the dough into even portions. I have an extra large ice cream scoop that I like to use. It allows then equal sizes.
- Place on a rack to cool. Enjoy!