Everyone needs a simple gluten free vanilla cake recipe.
A recipe that you can make at a moments notice if needed. A cake to bake when you found berries at the market. A simple cake that looks really good with chocolate icing on. A cake for last minute company. A simple cake.
On Friday when I was at my local farmers market the first thing I saw was berries. Normally I would have not taking a second glance because in November berries are very expensive here. But I happened to glance at the price and was shocked. They were $3 cheaper then at my grocery store.
So YES, I grabbed the organic raspberries and blueberries and then instantly knew I needed to go home and bake a cake for these beauties.
That is where this recipe for Simple Vanilla Cake came from-the need for me to have a vanilla cake for some fresh berries.
I never know where the idea for new recipes will come from and sometimes its a simple as finding berries at the farmers market.
I cut the slices in half, added a dollop of whipped cream and a few berries. Placed top of cake slice on and then another dollop of cream and berries.
I hope you give this gluten free cake recipe a try and if you do, please let me know.
Simple Vanilla Cake
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup granular Swerve sweetener
- 1/3 cup brown Swerve sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup milk – 1 Tbsp
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer add the butter and the sweeteners.
- Mix well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat, scraping sides of bowl to incorporate all.
- Add 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar to 1 cup measuring cup.
- Fill with milk.
- Add baking powder and gf flour blend to bowl and mix on low speed.
- Add sour milk and mix on low.
- Increase speed to medium and beat until batter is light and fluffy.
- Pour batter into lined pan.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Remove and cool.