Grain Free Lemon and Lavender Poppyseed Loaf
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 4 tbsp poppyseeds
- 3/4 cup softened butter, I like to used the new Becel sticks
- 1 cup white sugar
- Grated zest from 2 lemons plus the juice of 1
- 1 tbsp food grade lavender
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add the poppyseeds to the warm milk and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a stand mixer combine the butter and sugar and beat.
- Add the eggs and beat again.
- Scraping sides of the bowl to incorporate all.
- Mix until very smooth.
- Add the grated lemon, the lemon juice and the lavender. Mix on low.
- Add the cassava flour and mix on low speed.
- Add the milk mixture and mix on low until you have a smooth batter.
- Increase speed to medium for 1 minutes. (This gets air into the batter aiding in its rising while baking)Pour batter into lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- I drizzled a mixture of icing sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice over the poppyseed loaf.
I have been busy in the kitchen working on grain-free recipes for you all.
Grain-free baking has been requested a ton my readers lately so I am happy to share that I have 7 new GRAIN-FREE recipes coming to you on the blog.
First up is a grain-free lemon and lavender poppyseed loaf.
You wont believe how moist this grain-free cake is and it is also super lemony!
I shared a few weeks ago on my facebook page all the grain-free baking i was doing and the response was huge.
Everyone is excited for me to share.
I have been strictly using cassava flour in these recipes and I am honestly so pleased with the results. Loving this grain-free flour!
What is cassava flour?
The cassava root is a starchy, high-carbohydrate tuber-similar to yam, taro, plantains and potatoes.
It is highly regarded as the perfect grain-free flour and after working on it with a ton of different recipes I am also a fan.
Cassava flour however is HIGH in carbohydrates. It is higher in carbs than sweet potato so while it has a ton of fiber, vitamins and minerals, it is worth noting that portion control is recommended.
Enjoy a slice or two of this lemon lavender Poppyseed loaf-better yet, share it with friends or family also.