Here is a recipe for gluten free bread. I was able to make this bread using my bread machine, which meant eating homemade bread in a relative short period of time.
This bread had a crispy crust and was light and soft. Again, not something you get from the frozen loafs of bread you buy in the grocery store.
The key to making a good gluten free loaf of bread in a bread machine is to mix all the ingredients in a kitchen aid mixer first. Gluten free flours need a lot of mixing to incorporate them, and bread machines do not have enough power to do that.
This recipe is not my own but was handed to me by a customer at work. No name was attached so I take no credit for the recipe, but also am not able to give credit to the original author.
Homemade Gluten Free Bread
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1 1/3 cup milk(warmed)
- Beat eggs.
- Add them, along with milk, oil and vinegar to dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly in a stand mixer to fully incorporate all ingredients.
- Add dough to bread machine.
- Set bread machine to gluten free setting, 1 ½ lb loaf size and dark crust.
- Let bread cool on its side before cutting.