Wondering the aisles of Amaranth Whole Food Market the other day I noticed that a table was set up offering samples of yogurt. I noticed that it was Greek Gods yogurt, a yogurt that was recommended by Shauna over at Gluten Free Girl.
I tasted a small sample with blueberries and went “Wow, this is wonderful, tangy and rich in flavour.” The sample was the honey flavoured and I quickly added it to my purchases.
Once home I thought I should do something special with this yogurt and remembered making mini-cheesecakes many years ago. I know I had fresh berries around and so I did some baking.
Now… in years pre-celiac I would have used “Nilla” vanilla wafers, so what should I use now? I had a bag of Pamela’s Simplebites Extreme Chocolate Flavored Mini Cookies. I used them.
Mini Cheesecakes are so easy to make. You don’t need many ingredients to make them, and their short oven time is perfect in the summer.
- 2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 Pamela’s Mini Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place foil paper muffin cups into muffin tin.
- Place one mini cookie into each muffin cup.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in eggs until creamy.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ cup full and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool completely and top with Greek yogurt and berries.
- I also used chocolate cream cheese that I had in the fridge and made chocolate ones.