Recipe: Gluten Free Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 cups Compliments gluten free flour blend
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla
- 1 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Maldon Sea Salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer beat the vegan ‘butter” and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk the gluten free flour blend, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop cookie dough on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle Maldon Sea Salt onto each cookie.