This is day 6 of my #20daysofcookies campaign to post a new gluten free dairy free recipe each day. Enjoy the other recipes here.
Wow, that is a mouthful right?
I have a hard time coming up with names for my cookies sometimes.
For instance I could have called them Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies, but then I would have left out that they were gluten free, also that they have peanut butter in them or that they gooey marshmallow in between 2 cookies, thus making them sandwiches.
What do I do?
I will certainly say that they are delicious! Well worth making. Feel free to change the peanut butter to almond butter, or even pea butter if you have an allergy in the house.
Here is the 6th new cookie recipe for the month of December, #20daysofcookies, where I will share 20 new gluten free cookie recipes from December 1-20. Make sure you subscribe to receive each one!
Have you tried any of the gluten free dairy free cookie recipes yet?
You can switch to real butter if you like also. I bake everything gluten and dairy free now.
This recipe is really 2 steps.
Make and bake the oatmeal cookies, then let them cool completely before smearing marshmallow fluff in the middle of the cookies.
Recipe: Gluten Free Oatmeal PB Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies
This recipe makes about 12 sandwiches or 24 cookies.
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend (I use Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1 cup non-contaminated oats
- 1 jar of marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer beat the vegan “butter” with the peanut butter. Add the white and brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the large egg and vanilla and beat again. Scraping sides of bowl to incorporate all well.
- In a small bowl whisk the gluten free flour blend, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture plus the oats to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until combined.
- Drop dough onto cookie sheet.
- I like to use an ice cream scoop to scoop out cookie dough. This way all the cookies are the same size.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cool add about a tsp of marshmallow fluff to flat side of a cookie. Top with another cookie to make a sandwich.