This is day 10 of my #20daysofcookies campaign to post a new gluten free dairy free recipe each day. Enjoy the other recipes here.
Gluten Free Fudgy Espresso Cookies.
Here is the 10th new cookie recipe for the month of December, #20daysofcookies, where I will share 20 new gluten free cookie recipes from December 1-20. Make sure you subscribe to receive each one!
I find that coffee adds a richness to chocolate. I am not a coffee drinker but in cookies I like it. This gluten free and dairy free cookie recipe takes no time to make.
Recipe: Gluten Free Fudgy Espresso Cookies
This recipe makes about 22 cookies.
- 7 Tbsp gluten free flour blend (I like to use Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- 1 1/2 cups solid bittersweet chocolate or dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cooled strong coffee ( leftover coffee from morning pot works well)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp Earth Balance “vegan” butter
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp of icing sugar to dust cookies with
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan melt the chopped chocolate, vegan “butter”, and espresso powder on low heat. Cook until chocolate is melted. Stir. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar with a hand mixer for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the gluten free flour blend, baking powder and the salt.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix. Batter will be very thick.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a medium ice cream scoop to drop cookie batter on to the lined cookie sheets.
- Dust cookies with a bit of icing sugar on each cookie before baking.
- Bake in oven for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven.