This is day 14 of my #20daysofcookies campaign to post a new gluten free dairy free recipe each day. Enjoy the other recipes here.
Here is the 14th new cookie recipe for the month of December, #20daysofcookies, where I will share 20 new gluten free cookie recipes from December 1-20. Make sure you subscribe to receive each one!
Yes, a homemade gingerbread house!
The recipe is gluten and dairy free also.
This cookie dough is another one I wish you would add to your “must make” list.
I picked up a funny set of gingerbread cookie cutters earlier this year and had a fun time making some unusual gingerbread men.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Gingerbread
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger and cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup gluten free molasses
- 3 cups gluten free flour blend (I like to use Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- In a stand mixer beat the vegan “butter” with the brown sugar. Scrap the sides of the bowl to incorporate all.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt and mix in.
- Add the egg, molasses and apple cider vinegar and mix on low speed.
- Scrape sides of bowl and beat mixture well.
- Add the gluten free flour and mix on low speed. Increase speed to medium and beat dough really well.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight to chill.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour the countertop with gluten free flour.
- Divide dough in half and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Dust dough lightly with gluten free flour before rolling to prevent sticking.
- Cut out dough with various cookie cutters.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.