As promised on my Facebook page here is the recipe for cinnamon buns.
These cinnamon buns are gluten, dairy and yeast free.
Basically you are making a biscuit type dough, rolling it flat, topping with brown sugar and vegan butter and rolling into a jelly roll shape.
Then all you need to do is slice, place in a baking pan and bake.
What is nice about this recipe is you could make these easily in the morning for breakfast or as a warm weekend treat.
I have been getting a lot of questions on Facebook lately asking why all my recipes are now dairy free.
Do I have something against cows? Milk?
No I do not.
I know more and more people who cannot have dairy and to me it is easy to switch up a dairy free recipe with cow milk and butter but it is much harder for some folks to switch the recipe to a dairy free one.
I am just giving a few more options to those with a cow milk allergy.
For those that cannot handle goat milk, which I use in my recipes you can switch to a full fat coconut milk.
Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Cinnamon Buns
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend (I like to use Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”, chopped into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup + 3 Tbsp goat milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamon and nutmeg
- Extra gluten free flour to dust countertop for rolling.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted vegan “butter”
- 2 Tbsp melted vegan “butter”
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp goat milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer add the dry ingredients (gluten free flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt and spices) and mix on low speed.
- In a small bowl whisk the goat milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the vegan “butter” to the dry ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Add the goat milk and mix well until a soft dough forms.
- Sprinkle the countertop well with gluten free flour.
- Turn cinnamon dough onto counter top and knead gently for a minute.
- Roll dough with a rolling pin into a small rectangle.
- Time for the filling ingredients.
- Spread the melted vegan “butter” all over the dough.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar all over dough.
- Roll up the dough like a jelly roll.
- Cut into thick slices.
- Pour the melted vegan “butter” from list of bottom ingredients onto the bottom of a 8×8 square baking pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted vegan “butter”
- Place the slices into the baking pan.
- Pour the 2 Tbsp goat milk in between the cinnamon buns.
- * Doing this adds a nice caramel to the bottom of the cinnamon buns when baking.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes until lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert baking pan onto a plate.