Gluten Free Dairy Free Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake. Doesn’t that sound good?
Here is the last of the 4 easy gluten free recipes I promised. Previously I shared recipes for gluten free dairy free carrot cake, gluten free dairy free brownies and gluten free dairy free fruit pizza.
I love a good coffee cake. To me, it feels like home, comfort, family and sharing.
Isn’t just saying coffee cake mean you are sharing a slice of cake with a cup of coffee or tea?
Well, to me that is what coffee cake means.
While shopping at Homesense I found this baking pan and I couldn’t wait to come up with a coffee cake to bake in it.
I liked that this pan had 2 inserts, one to lift the whole cake out with, one that cuts the cake into identical slices. It also has a lid which makes it great for “bake and go”.
I wanted to make this gluten free coffee cake dairy-free so I used goat milk as well as vegan butter as ingredients.
I also like the new gluten free flour blend by Sobeys and have been using that a lot lately in my recipes.
If you cannot find Sobeys Compliments gluten free flour you could try another gluten free flour blend if you like.
Recipe: Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- 1 cup non-contaminated oats
- 1/2 cup softened Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup goat milk
- 3/4 cup each brown and white sugar
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup Sobeys Compliments gluten free flour blend
- 1 small container unsweetened applesauce (113g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pan with coconut oil.
- In stand mixer add softened vegan butter and oats. Pour boiling water over and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add brown and white sugar and beat until smooth. Add eggs and then vanilla and mix on medium speed until well blended.
- Add goat milk, applesauce and apple cider and then mix.
- In a small bowl whisk the gluten free flour, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and beat until batter is very smooth.
- Pour batter into pan.
- In small bowl make the brown sugar swirl.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Add brown sugar and the cinnamon and stir.
- Spoon cinnamon swirl in various spots throughout the batter and swirl through with a knife.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
Looking for other delicious gluten free Thanksgiving recipes your friends and family will love? Here are 36 other recipes to try!