Recently I shared a recipe for gluten free White Sandwich Bread(link to previous post) made in a bread machine. I wanted to see if I used the same basic recipe but changed the technique in the way it is baked if the recipe would still work.
Well it did!
I am thrilled!
Basically this bread is baked in a cast iron Dutch Oven. I used my 6 quart Le Crueset one for my bread but you can use a 4 quart one also. The most important part is making sure you have the lid to cover it. The high heat ensures a nice crust on the bread too.
The ingredients for this bread are listed in my previous post except for the addition of:
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp dried vanilla
- Once the bread dough batter has been mixed on medium speed.
- After adding these new ingredients increase speed to medium high and mix for a minute.
- Lightly grease the cast iron Dutch oven.
- Add the gluten free bread dough batter to the pot.
- Smooth down the batter for a smooth top.
- Cover dough with Saran Wrap and then top with 2 tea towels to keep dough nice and warm to rise.
- Let the bread dough rise for 90 minutes.
- Turn oven to 500 degrees.
- Once oven has reached temperature remove Saran Wrap and tea towels and cover gluten free bread dough with the Dutch oven lid.
- Place in oven and bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue baking for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove Dutch oven from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.
Share this recipe with your friends: