January is a tough month for me.
Not only is it so cold in Calgary right now, it is dark and cloudy all the time. I crave the sunshine right now.
What gets me through this month is to keep myself really busy in the house. I have been decluttering and going through all our closets bagging up clothes and shoes to donate.
And for Wheatfreemom? I have been working on a ton of new gluten-free recipes. This week alone I worked on 10 new recipes!
This is a behind shot of the Coffee Cake Muffins. My set up is very minimal and I definitely like a lighter style photo.
I am excited to share a ton of new recipes here and I hope you will follow along and let me know what you think.
As always the recipes will be gluten-free, but I will be also sharing low carb, keto and paleo recipes.Print
Recipe: Coffee Cake Muffins
A low carb and keto muffin that tastes like coffee cake.
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husks
- 2 Tbsp Swerve brown sugar sweetener
- 2 Tbsp Swerve granular sugar sweetener
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl add the dry ingredients (almond flour, psyllium, sweeteners, coconut flour, baking powder and spices) and mix on low with a hand mixer.
- Add the butter and beat on medium and all mixed in.
- Add the eggs and whipping cream and beat all.
- Add the boiling water and beat until blended.
- Mix a bit of swerve sweetener, cinnamon and crushed walnuts in a small bowl.
- Drop batter into muffin liners about 1/2 full.
- Sprinkle a bit if cinnamon/ walnuts onto each one.
- Top with batter and sprinkle a bit more cinnamon/walnuts over each muffin.
- Bake for 28 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Cool completely before removing muffins from pan.